Sunday, May 23, 2010

Help with this website?

Someone suggested I go to www.register.com to see if the website I ordered from is legitimate.



This is what I got after I typed: celebritylooksforless.



http://www.register.com/product/domain/s...



I am trying to find the status of my purchase. No response when I emailed them.



Help with this website?





You can check ownership by looking up the %26quot;WHOIS%26quot; on the domain. On the page you mention, look at the .com at the bottom of the list and you will see a red rectangle that says %26quot;WHOIS%26quot;.



You have a problem though. It was registered privately which means that the data is not visible.



It looks like it was registered through 1and1.com. If you want to access the domain, go to 1and1.com and then use the domain name as your username (domain.com). You should be able to request a lost password. The password will be mailed to the contact on the account.



If you are purchasing this domain from an individual person and not a registrar company, you will want them to walk you through the acquisition process.



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Register Domain Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting