Sunday, May 23, 2010

Server Setup?

I have a PC with Windows Vista as OS. how do i configure it as a HTTP Server, I wanted to host a simple web page, I also have Domain Name Registered and have obtained Static IP.



Can Any one tell me step by step details to setup apache Web server and host my web page.



Server Setup?





no, you cant



what you can do is to use microsoft windows server 2003 or windows longhorn/2008 which is available as a beta 3 preview at the microsoft website.



apache? apache runs only in linux



apache is the linux counterpart of the IIS(Internet Information Services) of microsoft



Server Setup?



I%26#039;m just starting to learn about Vista myself but I don%26#039;t think that you can do that. With the Vista/Longhorn generation of Microsoft products I%26#039;m seeing that the desktop OS is purely that, a desktop OS and well see about the server OS when Microsoft actually releases Longhorn. You%26#039;d be better off to either install XP on your machine.



Other Replys:If I were you I would start with Vista%26#039;s IIs to host the web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Register Domain Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting