Sunday, May 23, 2010

How can I get the Server to run a website?

I have a domain name registered with generic DNS and I have a server that is running and connected to a network and runing fine. I was able to configure the mail part but I can%26#039;t get the website to run. Whenever I type the IP address on IE6 I get an error that says



%26quot;Error Code: 403 Forbidden. The server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Contact the server administrator. (12202) %26quot;



Is there a website or any way that you can help or direct to what to do?



By the way I have windows 2003 servers small business



and also how can I get the DNS primary name server in windows 2003 servers



How can I get the Server to run a website?





Im not and expert, but it could be a firewall problem, try turning off the router firewall or the windows one on the computer ( in security center )



And windows software is also not the best for web stuff ( unsafe ) try apache ( linux and windows compatible )



Dont be scared by linux, try ubuntu



How can I get the Server to run a website?



i doubt its a firewall problem, i would also advocate for ubuntu linux, but if you wont do that:



try opening the site from the server itself using 127.0.0.1 as the address, next use the actual ip of the server to see if the problem still exists there. my guess is that your webserver software is seeing the request but doesnt recognize that the www.whatever.com corelates to a folder on the server.



Other Replys:You have to go to the place where you registered that website name and enter the primary and secondary DNS server addresses in your web-site profile.



Essentially you are telling the Internet what the IP address of the web-page server%26#039;s DNS server is.



It would help if you had a %26#039;static%26#039; ip address, that way you wont have to go in each time and change it if your ip address changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Register Domain Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting