Friday, October 30, 2009

How do I reset a Compaq Evo N410c laptop so I can install Windows XP.?

Hi



Our company was giving out old Pentium III laptops and I got one. They said the software will need to be installed as all the data is protected and you will need to install new software and hardware. I bought the laptop home and found I need a password to login which I don%26#039;t even know what it is. It is also registered under the domain which was used by the company. How can I reset this so I don%26#039;t need a password and how can I install Windows XP.



How do I reset a Compaq Evo N410c laptop so I can install Windows XP.?





If you have a win XP installation CD, insert it and restart the pc. Then select boot from CD. then u%26#039;ll be able to format the hard drive and install a new copy of XP.



How do I reset a Compaq Evo N410c laptop so I can install Windows XP.?



the procedure is lengthy , get someone to do it for you and learn from there



Other Replys:Can you get into the bios?



If you can, you need to get a CD drive and an install disk for Windows XP... the key for it may be on the bottom of the laptop or you may have to buy a copy.



Get into the bios (F10 at the beginning when there is a single block in the top left (maybe right) of the screen).



Set the laptop to boot off the CD drive



Boot the laptop with the XP install CD in



Follow instructions to delete original partition and create a new partition.



What they said to you was that you had to destroy the original XP install, so you%26#039;d be in breach of them giving you the PC if you hack your way past their password.



Other Replys:I do not have any laptop.excuse me for this. i never install windows xp.



Other Replys:reformat your hard drive put the install disk in and your done



Other Replys:Power it up hit the del key till your bios appears then change first boot device to cd-rom. Place your windows cd into the drive re-boot then it should read from the disc you should now be able to re-install windows. Good Luck let me know how you got on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Register Domain Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting