Friday, October 30, 2009

Do I need a business license for each website I create?

Actually, I have a couple questions: I am from Canada, if that helps any.



1). If I create a website and make money from it based on advertisement on the site, is it required for me to get a local business permit and register my business or domain name with the government registry, in order to run the website.



2). If the answer is yes to the above, then if create many more websites, each with the same type of revenue stream, do I also have to do this for each website domain. This could be a hassle if I do. Or is there a simpler method like registering under a generic business name and having all these websites fall under that name.



Thanks for you help.



Do I need a business license for each website I create?





I can%26#039;t speak of specific Canadian business laws, but as a general rule it is a good idea to register yourself as running a business (dba or doing business as). Your company may have multiple revenue streams, in your case, multiple websites that can be operated under the single business entity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Register Domain Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting