Friday, October 30, 2009

Is it legal to use WHO-IS information for the purpose of junk mail?

Ever since I registered my .ORG domain name, I have begun to get credit card offers at my house addressed to my web site. Is it legal to use WHO-IS information for this purpose?



Is it legal to use WHO-IS information for the purpose of junk mail?





Yes. The Who-Is is open to any one as it is a %26quot;public%26quot; database. If you go back and add %26quot;private registration%26quot;, usually for a few dollars more per year, you can prevent some of the spam and other people contacting you. The Private Registration (or some companies call it ID Protect) blocks people from seeing your registration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Register Domain Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting