Saturday, October 24, 2009

What steps to host/ design/ build my own funky personal website?

Hello!



I%26#039;d be grateful for advice on building my own website.



As a hobby, I%26#039;d like to create a personal, non-commercial site.



I%26#039;ve got no knowledge of HTML, CSS etc.



I already own a domain name to use (registered with free hosting with Bravenet), though I don%26#039;t like their templates or the style of the free adverts.



- What can I do about this? (e.g. moving the domain name/ hosting)



- What do I do next in terms of designing/ building my website?



- Any general recommendations on: hosting/ designing/ building (easy-to-use software/ WYSIWYG website builders etc.)



If someone could give me a link to a %26quot;How to build a cool website for beginners%26quot; guide, I%26#039;d be delighted!!!



I know exactly the kind of %26quot;look%26quot; I want and I%26#039;m raring to go with the content- I just don%26#039;t where to start!



Thank you in advance.



Scotty



What steps to host/ design/ build my own funky personal website?





A) You need a webhost to get pages on the web. That%26#039;s what a webhost is, and that%26#039;s really all you need to know. I%26#039;m using Brinkster as my webhost. I learned about Brinkster through a book called : Creating Websites:The Missing Manual.



B) Your webhost will let you choose your domain name. I chose MissingMethods.com. As you can see, it was inspired by the book I read.



C)Use Dreamweaver CS3 to help you create your site, because I was in the same position as you 2 months ago, facing the same issues, and that%26#039;s what I am using. It%26#039;s pretty good for people who don%26#039;t know what they are doing!



Let me give you a helpful link to get started:



1)



http://missingmethods.com/Programing/A-Z...



This link gives you a review of what I just mentioned, but also provides a link to download dreamweaver free, some links to web hosts you might want to look at, links to the book, and a link to a Dreamweaver Tutorial to get you started.



What steps to host/ design/ build my own funky personal website?



Sorry I couldn%26#039;t read all but one of the best website hosting servers are godaddy.com which is efficient and easy to use and really really cheap. It has different templates and you can choose your own style by making it yourself when you start it. Involves forums etc.



Good luck



Other Replys:One of the cheapest is GoDaddy, I agree. Ask yourself a question, what is your intention? I mean what do you want your website to do? There are several options you can use. Search the internet for free website templates (starters), and modify to suit your needs, or go to a service that provides website development as a perk and study, study study. Read the help files and build away. Your other recourse would be to hire a tutor or a website designer willing to teach you.



At any rate good luck with your project.



Other Replys:Hello once visit this site :-------------



http://members.freewebs.com/



Free Hosting for web site



Good Luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Register Domain Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting