Friday, October 30, 2009

Problems with Hosting, FTP, Frontpage...the works. Help! Awardspace.com/GoDaddy.com?

I have made a website before on Frontpage and uploaded it to Yahoo Geocities using the File Manager they have. It was simple and easy... However, I have since bought my own domain and am in the process of creating another website using FrontPage. I used GoDaddy.com to register and purchase my domain, and since they didn%26#039;t offer free webhosting I was advised to go with a free host like Awardspace.com, which I did. Last night I tried to upload my pages a number of ways, but I must be doing something wrong because NOTHING is working. I uploaded a page to the file manager there and linked my awardspace account with my domain name... but it%26#039;s not showing up. I also tried FTP between FrontPage and awardspace, but FP is asking for things that awardspace didn%26#039;t supply me with... like (ftp://_________) and directory name, etc. Awardspace also has a program that accepts FP extensions, but I couldn%26#039;t get that to work either. I know I%26#039;m skipping a step somewhere or doing something wrong, but what?



Problems with Hosting, FTP, Frontpage...the works. Help! Awardspace.com/GoDaddy.com?





The ftp:// address is the FTP site you need to connect to to upload the files. Awardspace will supply you with this information.



Problems with Hosting, FTP, Frontpage...the works. Help! Awardspace.com/GoDaddy.com?



Could it be something simple like you are not creating a base page called index or home or whatever it is that that particular host points at.



Have you tried an dedicated FTP client like WS FTP - there are plenty of free ones out there

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Register Domain Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting