Saturday, October 24, 2009

Can someone suggest software to get a website up quickly, but still leave flexibility to change it l

My plan is to start an affiliate site initially specializing in home decor, but later branching out into many more products, including ipods, home electronics, etc. I eventually hope to develop expertise in web design, but initially I would just like to get the thing going without having to start from scratch. However, it is very important to me that I do not get locked into a template/cookie cutter situation that will inhibit me later when I want to make changes and/or refinements.



Unfortunately I do not have the money to pay a professional web designer at this time. Even if I did, I might drive him or her nuts if we didn%26#039;t see eye-to-eye on aesthetic considerations, because I have a lot of ideas of my own.



I already have a domain name, and have registered multiple variations on it. I also have a logo. I have done a fair amount of research on online merchants %26amp; their products, and I have found a great charity that will receive a percentage of all profits.



Can someone suggest software to get a website up quickly, but still leave flexibility to change it later?





I created a website without ever %26quot;studing%26quot; for that type of thing. I have made 3 professional sites and they all look pretty good and functional.



Front Page is very easy in my opinion, that is what I use. Who are you going to host it with. They may have an online application to use or some templates.



Search the internet for templates, that is a VERY quick and easy way to get up and running.



Can someone suggest software to get a website up quickly, but still leave flexibility to change it later?



Wordpress.org for a good solution for a relative beginner.



You are mistaken about a designer - if you are wiling to pay for their time, they are used to putting up with crazy clients :) Noth every site has to be a masterpiece. Much better to have a good paying customer :)



You can find plenty of free excellent and not excellent templates you can swap in a second, and you can have the whole thing up and running in 10 minutes if you know how (and have DNS already configured - that can take up to a day if you don%26#039;t)



Oh yeah it is all free, so you can save money for the designer later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Register Domain Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting