Friday, October 30, 2009

Registered charities and websites?

Does anyone have any experience of operating a charity website? Years ago I started one, and still operate and update it for the charity. There is however new IT management at the charities head office and I have received a letter saying that the website domain name is registered in my name, and because it is a charity website this is illegal, and that I should immediately transfer it into the name of head office.



I hold the lease the domain name (a .co.uk one) and as the registrant I assume that this implies I own it.



As I can閳ユ獩 find any laws governing this I閳ユ獡 thinking it might be the new head if IT that閳ユ獨 trying to pull a fast one.



Has anyone come across this legislation and if so could someone point me towards it?



Thanks, Charlie



Registered charities and websites?





You do own the name. If they want to buy it off you, that%26#039;s another matter.



Alternatively, they could buy a similar one and yours will become defunct.



A .co.uk isn%26#039;t the usual format for a charity. If your IT person wants to take over the name, you have to agree. He can%26#039;t just make you transfer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Register Domain Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting