Friday, October 30, 2009

Website design questions?

I registered a new domain, to showcase my portfolio of 3d models, textures, animations, demo-reel, etc.



Really struggling if I should go the CSS route vs. full blown Flash site. CSS would be a lot faster for me, but Flash might look a lot better... Ugh, I can%26#039;t decide.



I%26#039;ve been looking through templates off and on all day and can%26#039;t come up with anything that really catches my eye.



What would you do?



Website design questions?





I%26#039;d go css every time- flash sites are too prone to %26#039;flashturbation%26#039;. If you want a site for people to just get in, see samples of your work and be impressed by that then a nice simple, clean CSS built site will do just that.



It%26#039;s the 3D work you want to be getting the work for - not web designé–³?right?



There are no complicated design classics.



Website design questions?



If you%26#039;re trying to show off your animation-type skills, then Flash may be the best way to go. If you were going for more of the website-smart design, then I would%26#039;ve recommended CSS.



Other Replys:I would suggest a combination of the two. Use a program like Photoshop or Fireworks to design to create your site layout and designate areas of the page to use for flash animation. The rest of the page will be .jpgs and html text. Read up on it, it%26#039;s called %26quot;the slicing technique%26quot;. It gives the site a very uniform effect. Not to mention it decreases load times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Register Domain Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting